SCGIS Scholarship Program 2017 announcement
We are pleased to announce the Society for Conservation GIS (SCGIS – www.scgis.org) Global Scholarship Program 2017 which will take place in the period from June 12 to July 19, 2017 in California, USA. It covers some of the costs for:
- a specialized 4-week GIS training courses with emphasis on the environmental issues, focused on the ESRI suite of GIS software. Depending on the level of the course – “Core” and “Advanced” it will be held at two places: Davis or Redlands, California
– The “Core” training track will be conducted in Davis, California, from 12th to 30th of June, 2016
– The “Advanced” training track will be organized in Redlands, California during the same period of time, from 12th to 30th of June, 2016
– The forth training week is foreseen for cloud, online & presentation training for both tracks from 1st to 8th July
- Attendance at two of the best Conservation GIS conferences in the world:
– 37th ESRI International User Conference held on July 10 through July 14 in San Diego, California
– 20th SCGIS Annual Conference held on July 16–19 in Monterey, California.
These grants are competitive in that your application will be considered in comparison to others, evaluating your work, your activism in the conservation GIS community in your region, your needs, and your resources in relation to the environmental and economic issues of your region or country. Applicants must be affiliated with a university/research conservation project, and involved in the SCGIS Chapter or conservation GIS community in their region.
CLOSING DATE for SCGIS scholarship applications is January 30, 2017. Applications ONLY VIA E-MAIL must be received by the above date. Please, use the following e-mail for request of application form with instructions and for submission of completed application forms: email@example.com
For more information, please, contact us on the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org